Buy Perfect Offline UPS and Online UPS available Compressive Price in BD
Offline UPS and Online UPS are the two crucial types of UPS. Both supply power to the device in case of power outage. But the similarities end here. The main difference between Online UPS and Offline UPS is that the Online UPS provides the power with the help of rectifier and inverter combination. The conclusion of this article showing the key difference between ONLINE & OFFLINE UPS systems is that the online UPS has zero time delay between the switching and they are expensive. while the Offline UPS has a time delay of 5ms but they are inexpensive. Based on efficiency, the offline UPS is far better than Online UPS and it should be used for domestic purposes. The Online UPS should be only used for very sensitive electronic equipment.
It simultaneously provides power to load as well as the battery so that battery can be charged to supply power in case of power failure.
- What is Offline UPS?: The offline UPS is a type of UPS that directly supplies the power to the AC load from the AC mains in normal operation and uses an inverter to power the AC load from the DC battery. Since there are two separate lines of supplies, the output supply must be switched between the two sources.
- What is Online UPS?: The Online UPS is a type of UPS that supplies power to the AC load through the Rectifier and Inverter Combo in normal operation and uses an inverter to supply AC power during a power failure. Therefore, the output power supply always stays ON and there is no need for switching. Hence, there is no time delay in switching between its sources. There is no interruption in the case of power failure even for a nanosecond.
- Difference Between Online UPS and OffLine UPS: As the world becomes more reliant on secure data, UPS systems, which supply emergency power to a system if the grid goes down, are becoming an essential part of our lives. These UPS are categorized into two types: Online UPS and Offline UPS. However?what is the difference between online UPS and offline UPS?
There are four main differences as we list below:
- Operation difference: The batteries of offline UPS are charged all the time. If the power fails, the load is powered by the inverter. Lower Cost offline UPS generally, when on inverter/battery backup, provide a square/pseudo sine wave output waveform. Online UPS takes the incoming AC mains supply and converts it to DC which feeds the battery and the load via the inverter. If the mains supply fails, then the batteries feed the load via the inverter with no interruption to the output supply at all. It means our electronics get power from the online UPS, rather than directly from the AC mains. Therefore, even if the main AC power fails, the operation of our electronic equipment does not need to be stopped. What's more, The dual conversion design (AC-DC / DC- AC) of an Online system ensures a far higher degree of isolation of the load from the irregularities on the mains supply. That's why the Online system delivers a fixed and stable output all the time.
- Voltage Distortion Difference:
- Online UPS: Voltage distortion does not reduce the performance.
- Offline UPS: The more the voltage fluctuations, the more the offline UPS is used. A frequent switch could lead to switching delays or could ultimately reduce its performance.
- Price Difference: Compared with online UPS price?offline UPS's are cheaper.
- When to use: In situations where a square/pseudo sine output waveform is not acceptable then true sine wave more expensive off-line or online UPS are recommended. But when you are much concerned about the cost and wish a lower operating temperature, offline UPS is better.
Which one to Use, Online or Offline UPS & Why?
Is online or offline UPS Better? and When to use it? it totally depends on multiple factors such as cost, usage and specific conditions etc. For example,
When to Use Online UPS: When to operate the sensitive and important devices and equipment with continuous power supply without switching operations.When the the main power supply fluctuates frequently or daily scheduled load shading and power outage.When there is no concerns about the operation, installation and maintenance cost as the online UPS system is costly than offline UPS system due to the additional parts in online uninterruptible power supply. When you need the simultaneous operation of connected devices for longer time duration.
When to Use Offline UPS: When cost is the major and considerable factor. When switching is not a big issue i.e. you are OK to use it with auto or manual change-over or transfer switch between main power, portable generator or emergency generator set, solar or battery power.