Health / Medical Products & Equipments of Your single source of wholesale medical supplies, lab equipment, ambulatory and post-acute care medical supplies. Our medical products bridge the gap between the constant need for quality and the increasing demand for savings. Our Cardinal Health brand portfolio is a comprehensive offering of clinician-preference, cost-efficient products, and physician-preferred items with low clinical differentiation, helping providers improve the bottom line while delivering high-quality care. Because we work from the acute channel to the home, we’re uniquely positioned to stay ahead, finding product efficiencies that move care forward. The Many Types of Medical Equipment....
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME): Grow your home care business while meeting the high standard of care your patients deserve. Look to our extensive catalog of wholesale HME and durable medical equipment (DME) supplies in categories like incontinence, diabetic supplies and wound care. This type of medical equipment is used mainly for providing therapeutic benefits for certain conditions or illnesses. The use of this equipment must be prescribed by a physician, which is designed to serve a medical purpose. It is a long-term and reusable device that can be used in the hospital or at home for patient care. There are several types of durable medical equipment such as the following: Manual wheelchairs or electric wheelchairs, Hospital beds, Walkers, crutches, canes (or any similar type of mobility assistive equipment), Traction equipment, Pressure mattresses, Insulin pumps, Breast pumps, Nebulizers, Patient Lifts, Bili lights and blankets, Kidney machines, Stationary or portable oxygen tanks, Oxygen Concentrators Ventilators. The term ‘durable’ is derived from the fact that these types of equipment have been tested for quality. They are designed to provide support for the safety and comfort of the patients. They should be able to deliver just that. Some of the common features of durable medical equipment include non-slip features and load-bearing strength. Since this equipment is prescribed by the physician for the benefit of the patient, the cost of acquiring one is often covered by health insurance plans.
- Medical Imaging Machines: Medical imaging is a type of technology that is used to create visual representations of the human body’s interior. The visual image produced by the equipment is used for clinical analysis and medical intervention. There are many medical imaging equipment, such as radiography (X-ray machine), computed tomography (CT scan), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI scan), ultrasound, and echocardiography, to name a few. Aside from medical imaging machines, there are other medical devices used for diagnosing patients. Some examples include patient scales, stethoscopes, dopplers, and pulse oximetry.
- Medical Laboratory Equipments: The use of medical laboratory equipment is often seen in medical clinics or diagnostic laboratories. These types of equipment are intended for the analysis of blood, urine, genes, and other biological material. Below are the most common examples of medical laboratory equipment used in the medical field: Blood gas analyzers, Chemistry analyzers, Blood collection supplies, Electrolyte analyzers, Differential counters, Drug testing analyzers, Coagulation analyzers, Hematology analyzers, Urinalysis analyzers, Microbiological systems. As medical technology continues to develop, you can expect that there will be more types of medical equipment emerging. This is good news to patients who can expect quality medical care and diagnosis utilizing the latest in medical technology.
- Treatment Equipments: Treatment equipment is any type of medical device or tool that is designed to treat a specific condition. It utilizes modern technology in order to address any abnormalities to restore function in the affected organs or tissues within the body. This can also include the surgical supplies designed to provide treatment for certain conditions that require surgical intervention.
- Diagnostic Equipments: Diagnostic medical equipment is any type of equipment or tools used in a hospital setting for the sole purpose of diagnosing a patient’s condition. Based on the symptoms described by the patient, a diagnostic test is performed using the appropriate equipment to evaluate the patient internally. The doctor or technician is looking for any abnormalities in the affected organs or parts of the body that are causing the symptoms to be exhibited. Early detection of potential health risks with ongoing testing helps improves outcomes, reduces hospitalizations and reduces costs. Your physician office or hospital lab can tackle chronic care management and coordinate care more effectively with the help of our comprehensive line of laboratory products and equipment. Our healthcare products include test kits, clinical analyzers, petri dishes, and more. Surgical caps, gowns, gloves, or glasses (for the surgical team), Gauze and drapes (for patients).
- Life Support Equipments: As the name implies, life support equipment are those medical devices intended to maintain the bodily function of a patient. Without life support, it will be difficult for the patient’s organ systems to function on their own.